Support Us: Please visit our sponsors

.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)

Sponsor

Apple iTunes

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tour Announcement

Sound and Recording
B. Thomas Cooper
Editor

Greetings,
In recent days, I have been hinting at an announcement. I suspect there is no time like the present, so here’s the deal. I have agreed to participate in a spring and summer tour of the southwestern United States, beginning with an appearance at the Maricopa County Fair in Phoenix on Saturday, April 12th. Myself and the other musicians involved will be billed as ‘B. Thomas Cooper and Friends’. So far the guys include Jon Duff on bass and guitar, Nick Gill on keyboards and guitar, and of course myself on keyboards and acoustic guitar, as well as vocals.

Hopefully, we’ll be dragging other friends along as well. I’ll keep you informed of any new developments. Meanwhile, we have been working up material, and have in fact, posted a performance of the song ‘These Little Wonders’. Don’t panic, I am in the process of procuring limited digital rights. We’ll see how that comes down, I guess.


Left to Right: Nick Gill, B. Thomas Cooper, Jon Duff

The video was shot in front of an intimate crowd at Flower Street Station in Phoenix. As I’ve alluded to in previous articles, I highly recommend you record or video every performance possible. It is an extremely valuable tool in assessing the various aspects of the performance. You know, stuff like arrangements and stage presence, set order… things of that nature. Likewise, the players are able to make personal adjustments, little mental notes to self, etc.

And that’s precisely what we are up to. We can learn more by recording one gig than we can learn at a dozen rehearsals. It just good science.

Which reminds me. On April 1st. 2008, we are officially releasing the long awaited ‘Echo’ CD which includes songs written and recorded by myself and a cast of really great guys. The CD sounds amazing! I kid you not! It’s isn’t the heavy stuff, as that comes later. These are the tunes we will be featuring to promote the upcoming tour. I’ll be providing more specifics in the following days. Until then, keep the faith.

No comments:

Sponsor

TigerDirect

Sponsor

Netflix, Inc.