Support Us: Please visit our sponsors

.Mac (Apple Computer, Inc.)

Sponsor

Apple iTunes

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Flower Street Station, March, 2008 - Part One

B. Thomas Cooper - Editor



Flower Street Station, March, 2008 - Part One

For those of you new to Sound and Recording, I’d like to welcome you, and perhaps explain the premise of the site. About once a week we post a new story or article related to sound and recording.

I began SoundandRecording about two years ago at the urging of others. I had my sights set elsewhere, but eventually I acquiesced, and today it’s my most successful blog, with world-wide readership. This is in fact, posting number fifty.

Console CT001

For those of you that are return visitors to SoundandRecording, welcome back, and thank you for supporting our website. We have several new articles in the works, but I can only complete one at a time. Maintaining a successful website is not as easy as one may think.

On to the topic at hand.

B. Thomas Cooper and Friends performed for an intimate crowd at Flower Street Station in downtown Phoenix on the last Sunday of March. Here’s a video culled from Sunday’s show. Enjoy.


B. Thomas Cooper & Friends
Recorded Live at Flower St. Station in Phoenix

In Part Two, I hope to provide you with a little of the inside poop on how a show like this is put together, including the micing techniques applied during recording. I’ll also be posting some photos of the show, and more videos, as well.

In Part Three, I’ll be sharing with you a little about the artists who appeared on Sunday’s bill. This particular bill was special, or so they’d like you to believe, but we’ll go into more on that later.

The artists, in order of appearance were: Paul Bruce, Don Biscoe, Koi Stuertzel, and B. Thomas Cooper & Friends, which included Nick Gill, Jon Duff, and myself, of course.

It was one of those rare nights when nearly everything went well. Not right, per se, as nothing ever goes right, but certainly well. I’ll tell you all about it. You can judge for yourselves.




B. Thomas Cooper - Editor



Sound and Recording - Sound Foundation - National Newswire - The Infinite Echo - Impeachment Now! - Skate the Razor -
Skate the Razor Blog - blogment

No comments:

Sponsor

TigerDirect

Sponsor

Netflix, Inc.